FIVE EASY STEPS to BALANCE a TONEARM!
This procedure will work for 95 percent of the turntables ever sold. The variation is mostly in the type of counterweight or antiskate adjustment.
1) Remove any cartridge shield, set the anti-skate to ZERO
2) Move tonearm off rest, adjust main counterweight so tonearm BALANCES horizontally.
3) Turn counterweight SCALE (counterweight should remain still) to indicate ZERO.
4) Carefully turn counterweight (scale should move with it) to desired tracking force
normally this will be between 1 and 2 grams for most high quality tables. I use 1.25 grams.
5) Adjust anti-skate to correspond (set to same grams) to tracking force.
My friend Joel at THE TURNTABLE FACTORY goes into this procedure in much more detail, take a look: JOEL's Balance Page
Click here to visit my main used audio web page: audio.net
Need more help? Email me by clicking here.