Carl and Auguste Schwinck celebrated their golden wedding anniversary in 1934.
The celebration took the form of a six thirty dinner and evening reception at
the large hall above the Otto Schwinck garage with about one hundred thirty-five
guests, including the relationship and close friends. The building located at
140 West Grove Street in West Point was built by Otto, their son, when he operated
the gas station. According to Otto, gas used to sell for 18 cents a gallon then.
Above the garage dances were held in the Winter Garden. There are eagles on
the gas pumps. The billboard sign reads Quaker State Motor Oil, and Goodrich
Tires might have been sold at the garage according to the signs on both sides
of the building.