The name for Dassow, Germany is of Polish origin. The original name was "Dartzowe"
which is Polish for thorn bush. Over the years the name changed to "Dartzow", "Darsowe",
"Dassaw" and finally "Dassow". The city is probably named after the thorn bushes
growing on rocky ground near the city. The city crest for Dassow, Germany is a
castle gate with a thorn bush growing in it. The City of Dassow, Germany was
founded in the year 968.
It is not really a lake, but brackish water - a bay, which together with the
Pötenitzer Wiek [translation] is separated from the open ocean
Bay of Lübeck by the
Priwall Peninsula. The approximately 8 km long Dassower lake has a funnel-like form,
which narrows itself in the west (delta into the
Trave) outgoing from the delta
of the river Stepenitz
[translation] in the east, again on approximately 300 m.
The lake belonged to the city of Luebeck, and forms the border to
Pomerania . As homeland of approximately 30 kinds of ducks,
the Dassower Lake is one of the largest bird protection areas of Germany. The
lake provides refuge and is also an important racing and wintering area for
Nordic water birds along with the two islands of Graswerder (Ploenswerder) and
Roehrichtbestaenden. The entire bank range of the Dassower lake and the lake
stand have been under protection of the European union since 1983.
Lütgenhof) is situated on the banks of the Dassower Lake. Moritz von Paepcke
designed and built this castle in 1839. Schloss Lütgenhof has been converted to
a restaurant and hotel with 23 rooms.
There was a
Dassow School (historical)
Livingston County, Illinois which is in Central Illinois.
St. Paul's Luteran Church/125th anniversary: The Germanville church began
meeting in a building known as the DASSOW SCHOOL in 1879. In 1901, a new
building was constructed at a cost of $1,300, on land donated by the FROEDBE
family. Older congregational members remember the big stove used to heat the
building and the beautiful lanterns hanging from the ceiling that were lowered
by ropes to light. this building still stands and serves as the Germanville
Township Town Hall.
A group of people with the last name of Dassow came to Brazil during the period
of the colonization of the state of Rio Grande do Sul among 1830 to 1870,
The earliest recorded person with the last name of Dassow is
who was born about 1610 in Mecklenburg-Schwerin and died January 16, 1690 in
Biestow. He married in 1640 and had five children including
Other early recorded persons with the last name of Dassow include:
was born 1629 in Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She died August 1684 in Schutow,
Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She was buried August 6, 1684 in Biestow. She married
Jacob Kleinow on July 17, 1650 in Biestow, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She had
eight children: Hans Kleinow,
Cathrina Kleinow, N.N. Kleinow, N.N. Kleinow, N.N. Kleinow, Jacob Kleinow, and
was born October 1640 in Barnstorf, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She was baptized
October 26, 1640 in Biestow die Kleinkindtaufe. She died in 1640 in
was born in November 1642 in Barnstorf, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She was
baptized November 27, 1642 in Biestow die Kleinkindtaufe.
married Anna Scharen before 1642. He died before 1643.
was born in January 1645 in Barnstorf, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. He was baptized
on January 17, 1645 in Biestow die Kleinkindtaufe. He died in September 1691
in Barnstorf, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. He was buried September 2, 1691 in
Biestow bestattet. Er married Dorothe Rehder on November 29, 1677 in
Barnstorf/ Biestow, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. He had four children: Hinrich
Dassow, Trien Dassow,
and Wendel Dassow.
was born in December 1646 in Barnstorf, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. He was
baptized December 23, 1646 in Biestow die Kleinkindtaufe.
was born in March 1649 in Barnstorf, Mecklenburg-Schwerin geboren. She was
baptized on March 28, 1649 in Biestow die Kleinkindtaufe.
Magadalene Dassow who was born about 1655. She married Peter Uhrbrock about
1676 and had two children Peter Uhrbrock and Marie Magdalene Uhrbrock.
Anna Maria Dessow who was born about 1659 in Hamburg, Germany. This may be
Anna Dassow who married
was born in September 1669. He was baptized on September 15, 1669 in
Parkentin. He died in December 1745. He was buried on December 23, 1745. He
married Christin Bulle on October 25, 1694 in Steffenshagen, Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
was born in April 1680 in Barnstorf, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. Sie was baptized
in April 1680 in Biestow.
Anna Dassow who was born on January 3, 1682. Her father was
Daniel Dassow, although this is probably a different person than the
person who married married Trine Petersen.
Dassow was born in October 1682 in Barnstorf, Mecklenburg-Schwerin
geboren. She was baptized October 5, 1682 in Biestow die Kleinkindtaufe. She
died June 1726 in Biestow, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She was buried June 25,
1726 in Biestow. She married Harm Kempe on December 4, 1710 in Biestow,
Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She had eight children: Johan Peter Kempe, Ann Wendul
Kempe, N.N. Kempe,
Kempe, Catharin Kempe, Ann Mari Kempe, Harm Christian Kempe and Ann
was born in January 1685 in Barnstorf, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She was
baptized around January 21, 1685 in Biestow.
Dassow was born in 1685. She died in July 1720 in Biestow, Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
She was buried July 22, 1720 in Biestow bestattet. Sie married Clauß Manke
on November 26, 1706 in Kirche Biestow, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She had four
Jochen Peter Mahn, Hans Mahh, Hinrich Mahn and Clauß Mahn.
Caroli Magni Dassow . . . Nova Plantarum Genera. See 1470; supra : [XII.
These, &c. Collections. 1749-90...1279.] Caroli Linn~ei . . . Am0enitates
Academic~v, d~c.; Vol. 1. no. 4. pp. 110-143. 8 °. 1749. Lugduni
Batavorum.Without the Corollarium.
Dassow was born in August 1757 in Allershagen, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She
was baptized on August 24, 1757 in Parkentin. She died on May 20, 1832 in
Allershagen, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She died of old age. She was buried on
May 23, 1832 in Parkentin. She married Peter Bade on December 3, 1779 in
Parkentin, Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She had one child: