How to find manufacturer information/pages on the
The example below is for finding information on ASUS motherboards.
I used this technique to locate most of the URL's on my manufacturer's
page especially the motherboard mfg's.
- Go to DEC's AltaVista search engine
page for advanced searches.
- Click on WEB on the Search the.... line of the search page.
- In the input dialog box type the following
ASUS & motherboard & specification & home
- Click on the SUBMIT query button. ( ENTER won't do it on the
advanced search page.)
- You will see up to 10 URL's displayed on the screen.
- Peruse these 10 URL's for a www.companyname.com URL
If you see www.companyname.com then you've generally
found their home page.
- If none, then click on one of the numbers at the bottom of
the page to read the next 10 hits on the search criteria.
- Keep looking for the companyname.com URL for
a home page hit.
- If no home page hit then look for a likely page that would
have some manufacturer related information.
Want to find out how many sites are linked to your site????
- In the Altavista dialog box type the following:
Link:http://www.xxxx.com/yyy/ where xxx is your domain name and
yyy is your directory name.
Mine would be link:http://www.randomc.com/~dperr/
- Altavista will return the number of pages in it's index that
have a link to your page and display the URL's for those pages.