You too can have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
My own story
Before I began a relationship with Jesus, I was just living. I would do what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it. My life was centered on myself, and what I could do for myself. I went to church with my parents, but I didn't know Jesus as my personal Savior.
Then one Sunday, I was sitting in junior church, the part for the kids while the part for the older people went on upstairs. I was listening to the lesson. Then the preacher's wife who taught junior church was finished and gave an invitation for those who didn't know Jesus Christ. I felt lead to go. I got up and she led me to another room. There she explained what it means to be saved. I was(still am, just under grace now) a sinner and I realized that the only way to overcome that was through Jesus. He died for me(and you) and only he could get me to heaven. I prayed and asked Jesus into my heart, to be in control of my life. Then from that point on, since I truly meant it(and really, only God knows who truly means it), I was saved. I continued going to church, and I feel I grew a little. In the past year I feel I have begun to grow in the Lord more than I ever have before.
Here is my invitation to you
Here are some questions to find out where you are at right now:
- Do you have any kind of spiritual beliefs?
- To you, who is Jesus?
- Do you think there is a heaven or hell?
- If you were to fall over onto the computer you are sitting at now and die, where would you go?
- If the answers you have given so far were not true, would you want to know?
If you do want to know, keep reading.
Here, read this: "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." - Romans 3:23(NIV) What does this mean to you? Does this statement include you?
And this: "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23(NIV) What does this mean to you?
And this: "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6(NIV) What does this mean to you? Does this leave any other way to get to heaven?
This: "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. ... for, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'" - Romans 10:9-10,13(NIV) What does this mean to you? Does it include you?
This: "And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." - 1 John 5:11-12(NIV) What does this mean to you?
Now, I ask you these questions:
If you are ready, pray to God and ask Him to come into your heart. Simply tell Him what you believe about Him and His Son, confess to Him that you are a sinner, and that He is the only way to heaven. If you mean it, then you are saved. If you mean it, then now you should start living like you do. Start reading the Bible. It is God's Word, His instructions to us. Find a church and tell them that you have asked Jesus into your heart. Be Baptized there. Baptizing doesn't save you, but the Lord said that we should do it. Join the church, but remember the church doesn't save you. God saves you because of your belief and confession so do as He says.
Here are some things that I have found that a saved person should know(from others who have read the Bible. Remember to read the Bible yourself to know first hand.):
- According to the Bible, are you a sinner?
- Do you want forgiveness for your sins?
- Do you believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for you and rose again?
- Are you willing to surrender the control of your life to Jesus Christ?
- Are you ready to invite Jesus Christ into your life to cleanse you and take control of your life?
- God is made up of three, God the Father, God the Son(Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit. This is called the Trinity. God is three, yet God is one. It is great!
- You can't lose your salvation. Either you mean it the first time, or you aren't saved that first time.
- You are not perfect when you are saved. You are just saved by grace. Sinner still, but your belief in Jesus gets you to heaven.
- A saved person does not continue to do the sins he/she was doing before accepting Jesus.
- Prayer is powerful. When you pray to God, talk to Him as you would a friend. Tell Him everything, even though He already knows. He just wants you to ask.
- If a child misbehaves he/she usually receives punishment. You are now a child of God. If you don't listen to God, you can expect punishment.
- Not everything bad that happens to us is punishment. God tests us sometimes. He does it to make us stronger. He will never give you more than you can handle.
- Everything in God's Word (the Bible) is true. You either believe all of it or none of it. The Bible never contradicts itself.
If you need more help now in what you should do, email me at email@example.com.
Back to the Main Page