Generation No. 1
1. MICHAEL1 MCCARTY was born in County Cork, Ireland.
Child of MICHAEL MCCARTY is:
2. MICHAEL2 MCCARTY II (MICHAEL1) was born February 16, 1754 in Edgefield County, South Carolina, and died November 17, 1843 in Warrior River, Tuscoloosa County, Alabama. He married MARTHA BODDIE.
Notes for MICHAEL MCCARTY II:
NOTE! The following information is from Canova S. Ashby
Buried in cemetery in Cane Brake
Michael McCarty's military record was as a private for 58 days and as a sergeant for 30 days in 1781. He served under Col. Thomas Taylor, Lt. Hollingsworth, James Cook, Lt. David McCord, Lt. Rueben House. On 30 May he signed an order to "Please pay me indent to my father, Michael McCarty, Sr., and Michael McCarty Sr. signed for this indent with and X. Michael McCarty Sr. furnished supplies for the Army but Leonardo Andreas, who did quite a bit of research on this family says most of the file is
missing. But he says that Michael Sr. was in the Orangeburg-Edgefield area as was Michael II. He says that there was a James aslo of Edgefield Dist. S.C. as a Rev. Sol. and he served under his brother Capt. John McCarty. Some say the three were brothers..
Michael McCarty the Rev. Sol.' pension # was S 11 049. He served in Edgefield S.C. He moved to Jefferson Co. Al. in 1822 or 27 and he died supposedly in Jefferson Co. Al. (I have looked as have many others for his grave.. no luck). He is listed on a huge boulder in Wilson Park in Birmingham, Al. as one
of the Rev. Sol. from that area. Only they have his name as McCarthy or McCartny. He applied for his pension in Jefferson Co. and received his last pension there. He also stated that he had moved there from S.C. and he deeded a slave in Jefferson Co. that was also a repeat of the deed he made in S.C.
He married at least 3 times.. 1. Jane (she may have been a Bryant because the name is carried down in the McCarty's in my side and others) His children by her, we believe was Edward, Adam, DENNIS, and Eleanor . ( Possibly others) His 2nd wife was Martha "Boddie", this may or may not be right, I haven't seen any proof, although there is some indication. His children by Martha: Penelope, James, William (my ancestor, but his place as Michaels' son still is uncertain in my mind). Michael Jr., Phillip and Benager. His third marriage was Nancy Phillips and by her, he had one child, Henry.
Info from Canova S. Ashby, E-mail: email@example.com
Children of MICHAEL MCCARTY and MARTHA BODDIE are:
ii. MICHAEL MCCARTY III, b. 1784.
iii. JAMES M. MCCARTY, b. 1785.
iv. WILLIAM MCCARTY, b. 1787.
3. v. PHILIP MICHAEL MCCARTY, b. July 21, 1791, Edgefield County, South Carolina; d. June 16, 1879, Dale County, Alabama.
vi. BENAGER F. MCCARTY, b. 1811.
3. PHILIP MICHAEL3 MCCARTY (MICHAEL2, MICHAEL1) was born July 21, 1791 in Edgefield County, South Carolina, and died June 16, 1879 in Dale County, Alabama. He married (1) ?? 1808. She was born 1788. He married (2) MAHALA BODDIE 1817, daughter of NATHAN BODDIE and ELIZABETH ?. She was born 1795, and died 1832 in Edgefield County, South Carolina. He married (3) MARY MITCHELL July 1832, daughter of SION MITCHELL. She was born November 18, 1803, and died October 27, 1888 in Dale County, Alabama.
Notes for PHILIP MICHAEL MCCARTY:
Buried at Averett Cemetery near Ft. Rucker, AL
Notes for MAHALA BODDIE:
Audrey Hayden database gives born 1822 ???
Children of PHILIP MCCARTY and MAHALA BODDIE are:
ii. TILLMAN W. MCCARTY.
iii. MARY ANN MCCARTY.
iv. MARTHA A. MCCARTY.
v. ELIZABETH MCCARTY.
vi. WILLIAM ALLEN MCCARTY, b. March 23, 1819, Tennesee; d. April 19, 1904.
4. vii. ALSA B. MCCARTY, b. 1820, South Carolina; d. July 06, 1871.
ix. ?? MCCARTY, b. April 08, 1833.
4. ALSA B.4 MCCARTY (PHILIP MICHAEL3, MICHAEL2, MICHAEL1) was born 1820 in South Carolina, and died July 06, 1871. He married (1) ISABELLA R.? 1838. She was born 1820, and died 1862. He married (2) ANN REDDICK 1850. She was born February 13, 1825, and died July 20, 1897. He married (3) NANCY? 1870. She was born 1829.
Notes for ALSA B. MCCARTY:
Dbase of Bill Bateman
Children of ALSA MCCARTY and ISABELLA ? are:
ii. ELIZABETH MCHALEY MCCARTY, b. September 1841; d. February 02, 1921; m. ELISHA R. RIDDICK; b. 1836.
5. iii. CATHERINE WITHERS MCCARTY, b. 1842, Georgia; d. August 31, 1883.
iv. WILSON MCCARTY, b. 1844.
v. MARY LOUISE MCCARTY, b. April 11, 1846.
vi. JOHN MCCARTY, b. 1848.
vii. ELISHA MCCARTY, b. 1849.
viii. ? MCCARTY, b. 1850.
ix. ? MCCARTY, b. 1851.
5. CATHERINE WITHERS5 MCCARTY (ALSA B.4, PHILIP MICHAEL3, MICHAEL2, MICHAEL1) was born 1842 in Georgia, and died August 31, 1883. She married WILLIAM R. RESPRESS December 24, 1860. He was born 1830 in Coventry, England.
Notes for CATHERINE WITHERS MCCARTY:
dbase of Bill Bateman
Notes for WILLIAM R. RESPRESS:
Dbase of Bill Bateman
Children of CATHERINE MCCARTY and WILLIAM RESPRESS are:
ii. ISABELLA VIRGINIA RESPRESS, b. September 20, 1864;
d. September 25, 1895.
6. IDA MYRTLE6 RESPRESS (CATHERINE WITHERS5 MCCARTY, ALSA B.4, PHILIP MICHAEL3, MICHAEL2, MICHAEL1) was born May 08, 1862 in Troy, Alabama, and died June 01, 1950. She married JOHN S. ANDREWS. He was born 1858 in Dale County, Alabama, and died 1927.
Notes for JOHN S. ANDREWS:
From database of Bill Bateman
Children of IDA RESPRESS and JOHN ANDREWS are:
ii. MAURICE M. ANDREWS, b. June 07, 1882; d. 1952; m. BERTHA GRAY, 1915.
iii. RAYMOND WITHERS ANDREWS, b. August 10, 1883; m. SARAH L. A. KENNEDY, October 24, 1906; b. January 23, 1888.
iv. ALTON MCDONALD ANDREWS, b. September 16, 1885.
v. JOHN JETER ANDREWS, b. February 1887.
vi. JEWEL GRACE ANDREWS, b. July 14, 1889.
vii. ALEX RUFUS ANDREWS, b. April 15, 1891.
viii. ANGUS GLENN ANDREWS, b. May 01, 1894.
7. RUBY LOVE7 ANDREWS (IDA MYRTLE6 RESPRESS, CATHERINE WITHERS5 MCCARTY, ALSA B.4, PHILIP MICHAEL3, MICHAEL2, MICHAEL1) was born March 24, 1878 in Ozark, Alabama, and died April 06, 1953 in Atlanta, Georgia. She married (1) WINFIELD THOMPSON 1905. He died 1908. She married (2) CHARLES MATTHEW GALLIENNE1 1910, son of MATTHEW LE GALLIENNE and SOFIE BECKMAN. He was born November 27, 1877 in Liverpool, England, and died May 1938 in Atlanta, Georgia.
Notes for CHARLES MATTHEW GALLIENNE:
From American Legion Application dated May 24 1916:
Height 5' 1" Weight 138 Age 38 Where born - England
size of shoe - 6 waist - 34" size of hat - 7 1/8
Address - 52 Roach St Atlanta, Georgia
Citizen - 10 years
Discharged December 1895
Served 2 years 8 months on an English training ship.
(NOTE: Mersey River, Liverpool)
Ship of the old wooden type 4 Decker at anchor
The following are qualifications that are checked:
Mate - Merchant Seaman (steam) - Merchant Seaman
(sail) - Rigger - Ship fitter - Engineer, Bridge
Construction Foreman - Structural Iron or Steel worker
The older of 2 children
More About CHARLES MATTHEW GALLIENNE:
Fact 1: May 24, 1916, enrolled in the American Legion
Fact 2: September 21, 1878, death date according to Minnie Tipton (???)1
Child of RUBY ANDREWS and WINFIELD THOMPSON is:
iii. MAXWELL NEVILLE LEGALLIENNE, b. October 12, 1913, Atlanta, Georgia; d. October 1971, Atlanta, Georgia; m. MARY.
8. iv. JOHN NORMAN LEGALLIENNE, b. December 15, 1915, Atlanta, Georgia; d. October 1975, Forest Park, Clayton County, Georgia.
9. v. LOIS WINIFRED LEGALLIENNE, b. April 24, 1919.
8. JOHN NORMAN8 LEGALLIENNE (RUBY LOVE7 ANDREWS, IDA MYRTLE6 RESPRESS, CATHERINE WITHERS5 MCCARTY, ALSA B.4, PHILIP MICHAEL3, MICHAEL2, MICHAEL1) was born December 15, 1915 in Atlanta, Georgia, and died October 1975 in Forest Park, Clayton County, Georgia. He married MARY LOUISE KUYKENDALL, daughter of FRANK KUYKENDALL and MAGGIE BROOKS. She was born February 21, 1919 in Marrietta, Georgia, and died August 01, 1990 in Covington, Newton County, Georgia.
Children of JOHN LEGALLIENNE and MARY KUYKENDALL are:
ii. NORMA JEAN LEGALLIENNE, b. February 22, 1947, Atlanta, Georgia; m. (1) WAYNE LAWRENCE ADKINS; b. March 13, 1945, Dyersburg, Tennessee; d. October 19, 1969, Long An, Vietnam; m. (2) HENRY CLAUDE PITTS, December 10, 1979, Jonesboro, Clayton, Georgia, USA; b. April 26, 1949, Straubing, Bavaria, Germany.
More About WAYNE LAWRENCE ADKINS:
Fact 1: April 01, 1969, Tour of duty begins in Vietnam
Fact 2: October 19, 1969, Died of wounds as BM1 on river patrol boat
Fact 3: Listed on the Wall, Panel 17W -- Line 89
Fact 4: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
Child of LOIS LEGALLIENNE and HORACE WARD is: