- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma: Svirfneblin
are fast and observant but relatively weak and emotionally distant.
- Gnome: Svirfneblin are humanoids with the gnome subtype.
- Small: Svirfneblin are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus
to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a -1 penalty to their
CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Defensive Training: Svirfneblin gain a +2 dodge bonus to Armor
- Senses: Svirfneblin have darkvision 120 ft. and low-light vision.
- Fortunate: Svirfneblin gain a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- Skilled: Svirfneblin gain a +2 racial bonus on Stealth checks;
this improves to a +4 bonus underground. They gain a +2 racial
bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks and Perception checks.
- Hatred: Svirfneblin receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against
humanoid creatures of the reptilian and dwarven subtypes due to
training against these hated foes.
- Stonecunning: Svirfneblin gain stonecunning as dwarves.
- Spell Resistance: Svirfneblin have SR equal to 11 + their class
- Svirfneblin Magic: Svirfneblin add +1 to the DC of any illusion
spells they cast. Svirfneblin also gain the following spell-like
abilities: Constant—nondetection; 1/day— blindness/deafness,
blur, disguise self; caster level equals the svirfneblin's class
- Languages: Svirfneblin begin play speaking Gnome and Undercommon.
Those with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following:
Aklo, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, and
Random Starting Age
Random Starting Height & Weight
||3 ft. 0 in.
||2 ft. 10 in.
In the dark below earth, svirfneblin protect their enclaves, keeping their
small communities safe from the terrors of the lightless depths. Serious creatures
with slate-gray skin, these gnomes vary greatly from their surface cousins
by choosing to live in the shadowy depths and protect the world above from
the foul creatures sharing their chambers, vaults, and tunnels.
ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS
The following racial traits may be selected instead of existing svirfneblin racial
traits. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
Healthy: Svirfneblin gain a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against disease and
poison, including magical diseases. This racial trait replaces fortunate.
- Stoneseer: Svirfneblin add +1 to the caster level of any spells with the
earth descriptor they cast. Svirfneblin also gain the following spell-like
1/day—magic stone, stone
shape, stone tell;
caster level equals the svirfneblin's class levels. This racial trait replaces
FAVORED CLASS OPTIONS
The following options are available to all svirfneblin who have the listed favored
class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the
favored class reward.
- Alchemist: Add one extract formula from the alchemist's list to
the alchemist's formula book. This formula must be at least one level below
the highest formula level the alchemist can create.
- Oracle: Add one spell known from the oracle spell list. This spell
must be at least one level below the highest spell level the oracle can cast.
- Ranger: Add DR 1/magic to the ranger's animal companion. Each additional
time the ranger selects this benefit, the DR/magic increases +1/2 (maximum
DR 10/ magic). If the ranger ever replaces his animal companion, the new
companion gains this DR.
The following racial archetype is available to svirfneblin.
Svirfneblin have access to the following equipment.
This alchemically grown crystal dart builds up an electrical
charge when thrown. A creature struck by the dart takes normal piercing damage
and 1d6 points of electricity damage. Anyone proficient in darts can use
a jolting dart. Once thrown, the dart is destroyed.
Jolting dart 100 gp 1d3 1d4 x2 20 ft. 1/2 lb. P See text
Svirfneblin have access to the following feat.
Stoic Pose [Racial]
You can hold yourself as still as a statue, evading detection.
By spending 5 rounds finding a suitable location, you can hold yourself so
still that you appear to be a Small object such as a pile of rocks. This allows
you to make a Stealth check without cover or concealment, as long as you do
not move or take any other actions.
Svirfneblin have access to the following spells.
Advanced Race Guide
Level: Alchemist 4, druid 4, sorcerer/wizard 4
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
The target can pass through stone, dirt, or almost any other sort of earth
except metal as easily as a fish swims through water, traveling at a speed
of 5 feet. If protected against fire damage, it can move through lava. This
movement leaves behind no tunnel or hole, nor does it create any ripple or
other sign of its presence. It requires as much concentration as walking, so
the subject can attack or cast spells normally, but cannot charge or run. Casting
move earth on an area containing the target flings the target back 30 feet,
stunning it for 1 round (DC 15 Fortitude negates). This spell does not give
the target the ability to breathe underground, so when passing through solid
material, the creature must hold its breath.