ADULT Volunteer Staff (21 and Older) Resposibilities:
Thank you so much for your generous help at the ROC - without you we couldn't stay open.
* Adult Staff Volunteers are to be at least 21 years old and stand with us on the truths and doctrines of God's Word.
* Help pastor/director supervise the ROC so that THE ROC remains a safe, positive and Christian youth center
* Adult Volunteer keys are in the office - three keys, one for the money lockers and another for the game system and cue stick lockers
* Is to be a good role model for the rest of the teens
* Is to have faith in God and His Word and attending church to grow in God's Word
* Is to teach youth truths of God's Word and why we avoid, out of love for our Savior, inappropriate behavior that would threaten the ROC
* Is to have a job, in the process of getting a job soon or retired
* Is to walk outside periodically and tell any loitering youth we have the policy, for the good of the ROC and our promise to our neighbors, to either be in the ROC building or far away
* A person making a cell phone call must remain in between the entrance doors and not outside - two people for 5 minutes maximum
* Second time a person leaves the ROC, they must be gone for the night
* There is a no smoking zone for all ROC Staff & Youth in the ROC and all around the ROC for a four block radius. Thank you.
* Absolutely avoid any touching and responding, in like manner, to any teen flirting with you - tell teen to stop and let the Pastor/Director know about the flirting
* No hugging unless a hug is forced on you and forced hug is to be brief
* Absolutely no inappropriate facebook or chat conversation with anyone especially those who have attended THE ROC
* Do not give teens any money, food or any car rides without permission from the ROC Pastor/Director
* Those who are 18 and older are not allowed to come or leave with underage youth(unless they are family or special permission)
* Must pass a background check
* Money for pizzas and change is in the money locker
* Bible/Talk Time at 6:00-6:30 p.m. (Wed., Thurs., Sat.) and Fridays at 9:00 p.m.
* Help supervise youth during Talk/Time even by sitting near those who need special supervision
* If there is time, help clean the bathrooms - supplies are beneath the kitchen sink
* Help encourage youth to clean up half hour before closing
* Help clean serving counter and grilling rack and bottom rack of pizza oven
* Have excellent hygienic practices such as showering, underarm, etc.
* Dress professionally and appropriately - use ROC volunteer shirt please
* At closing put keys back in the office
Other information to know:
* Try to get to know the youth by welcoming youth when they arrive and saying goodbye when they leave
* Ask questions, listen and share your faith in word and action. Most of the youth are completely un-churched. Many opportunities pop up to sincerely evangelize.
* The ROC is a place where everyone is treated respectfully and well. If someone doesn't listen to the warnings from the staff, then give one warning, another if needed, and the third time tell the teen they have to leave the ROC. If you have to tell a teen to leave, let them know we care about them and hope they come back but when they come back they need to talk to the pastor/director. Assure the teen of forgiveness. The director then needs to properly use law and gospel to resolve the situation.
* Teens are suspended from the ROC when:
* Suspension could be one day or longer depending on the infraction
* The ROC is for Grades 7-12. A teen is too old the summer after graduating from high school unless teen becomes an Older Junior Staff Volunteer
* Saturday night, 6:30-9 p.m. - Only for those in high school
* Teens are to properly use the computers. When they chat, they are to chat only with those they know, using clean language.